Friday, November 06, 2009

Books and life

After a couple of weeks off, and more than a month of nothing more substantive than just posting amusing quotes, I'm starting to get back into the blog game. (Is there a blog game? Doesn't like like it'd be much fun). I've had a lot of literarish thoughts on my mind lately, and had an interesting conversation with J. over some Guinness & Kilkenny last night, so as long work does not demand too much of me today, I'll try to get down some thoughts on what I've been reading and watching lately, including Roberto BolaƱo's 2666, Bill Bryson's A short history of nearly everything, Simon Mawer's The glass room, Carl Sagan's Cosmos, as well as articles and interviews on and with the likes of Hemingway and Roth and Bolano. Some superb books, and various life changes taking place around me as well, are providing me with plenty of fodder for the amateurish philosophical reflection which I enjoy so much, and it's a shame to let it all waste away in my brain instead of sharing it with my readership (note that by adding '-ship' to the word 'reader' it makes it sound like more than one person reads this blog).

You might also like to note the new additions to my links section. I just discovered the love german books blog today, and it looks like it might become a part of my daily blog rounds. Maybe I should create my own called love Czech books - tough this site seems to be doing a good enough job.

1 comment:

John said...

As a member of your readership, allow me to express the sentiment of anticipation with which I await your thoughts on the aforementioned titles.