Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Having been away for 6 weeks I'm extremely busy at work and I really shouldn't be writing this right now, but I've been playing around with font colours to try to get something legible on the background picture I've chosen (a painting of Genesee St. in Buffalo by Charles Burchfield).

I just finished Chaim Potok's My name is Asher Lev, which explores the tension between tradition and the individual, the traditions of family vs. the tradition of art, the individual vs. the collective, and other aspects of art in one's life, among other themes. I wasn't loving the book for the first 100 pages or so but luckily I stuck with it because I really enjoyed it by the end, and have taken a lot of ideas away from it that I'll have to record at some point. Maybe I'll write more on it in the near future.

But now - work. I've got a presentation this afternoon after 6 weeks away. I'm trying to remember what it is I do again...

No comments: