Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it wouldn't last

I was just reading through some old posts and it struck me how often I write things at work, in a short amount of time, and always want to get back to a topic to be able to discuss it further. Of course, I never do.

But in an attempt to do so at least once, I will say that, in regards to the previous post about the Holocaust, I was surprised at the author's assumption that most people's view of the Holocaust is that its victims were largely West European Jews. I never thought that myself, and have always thought of Poland and Ukraine as bearing the brunt of WWII, to say nothing of the Jews of the region. It's not really that important, I guess - who thought what and when - but while I enjoyed the article and found it incredibly informative, I can't say it really shook my previous perception of the war. Is this how people really see it? I suppose I'm biased because of my connections to, and interest in, oh, let's just call it East Central Europe. But still, I was surprised by the assumption.

So at least I got back to that topic. There's always more to say about things I guess, which is why there will always be blogs, and may strike me down were it to be otherw-

“Instead of one big shot controlling the media, now there’s a thousand freaks Xeroxing their worthless opinions.”
- Homer Simpson

No comments: